- SpiderSheet 165x165 mm (Ex SpiderMaker, P120, Printrbot)
SpiderSheet 165x165 mm (Ex SpiderMaker, P120, Printrbot)
SpiderSheet is a thin, durable plastic sheet that adheres to the print bed of FDM (fused deposition modeling) 3D printers to provide an ideal surface for 3D printing.
The SpiderSheet replaces the need to use glue or other chemical substances for securing the print.
1. Wipe down your bare build platform making sure it is clean and free of debris.
2. Trim the SpiderSheet sheet to match the size of your build plate (if not already).
3. Remove the white adhesive liner and apply the SpiderSheet sheet to the bare build plate. Start from one edge of the build plate and work your way to the other edge, smoothing the SpiderSheet with a credit card or decal applicator.
4. Re-level your surface and ensure that the nozzle height is properly set (usually between .10 – .25mm).
To ensure the longevity of the SpiderSheet, use a spatula or putty knife with smooth/rounded corners. Avoid using solvents, such as acetone, to clean it.
Typically with other build surface solutions, such as blue masking tape or polyimide, a heavy deposit or “smoosh” is used on the first print layers. With Spiderheet this is not needed.
- Works with ABS, PLA, HIPS, PET+, Brick, Wood & Flexible (TPE) filaments; additionally we have had success with getting nylon and t-glase (PETT) to adhere when used with a thin layer of washable glue stick on the SpiderSheet surface
- Installs much easier than masking tape or films typically used and with fewer chances of air bubbles
- Protects build plate
- Heat resistant and durable, can be reused for many consecutive builds and you can use different filament materials without the need to change the printing surface
- Creates an optimal bond between the 3D printed object and build surface that maximizes the chances your object will be held in place for the duration of the print and then allow for clean and easy removal of the object from the build surface.